
Identifying the man killed when he was struck by a van along Route 13 last month hasn’t been easy, but police are still at it.
The man, who is believed to be in his 20s, was killed when he was struck by a van along Route 13 near the Home Depot shortly before 8:30 p.m. Saturday, April 29.
Advertisements
As of Tuesday, police Chief Daniel Doyle said his department is under the impression that the man killed was an unauthorized immigrant with an arrest record, which has been used to gather some preliminary information. Due to incorrect records and various aliases the man used, confirming his actual name has been difficult and has required the assistance of the Department of Homeland Security.
The chief said he was confident the man’s true identity would be uncovered.
An investigation has so far shown the driver of the van was not speeding and had no issues with his vehicle, Doyle said. Shortly after the crash, police said the driver even volunteered his cell phone for review so he could prove he wasn’t driving distracted.


