
Credit: Tom Sofield/LevittownNow.com
Republican Congressman Brian Fitzpatrick said he will “get to the truth” following FBI special agents executing a search warrant at former President Donald Trump’s home in Florida.
Advertisements
Fitzpatrick, who is a three-term lawmaker from Middletown Township, issued a tweet Monday night after he said he had been “getting many inquiries” on the search of Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort and estate in Palm Beach, Florida.
“As the only FBI Agent in Congress, I’ve been getting many inquiries regarding tonight’s reported enforcement action at Mar-a-Lago. I will get to the bottom of this, will follow the facts wherever they lead, and will report with unimpeachable integrity. I will get to the truth,” he posted.
Political news site Axios reported that Fitzpatrick’s response was “more measured” than others in his party, with some GOP lawmakers calling the activity an “attack” on the former president.

Credit: Tom Sofield/LevittownNow.com
Advertisements
Fitzpatrick was endorsed by Trump before the 2020 election. Fitzpatrick has not commented on the endorsement and banned his communications staff from talking to LevittownNow.com after GOP sources confirmed the endorsement and provided audio of it.
Ashley Ehasz, the Democrat running against Fitzpatrick in the First Congressional District, weighed in on Fitzpatrick’s statement.
Advertisements
“So now, all of a sudden, he wants to ‘get to the truth’, after he voted against the Jan. 6th Committee and voted against impeaching Trump twice? As a combat veteran, I was deeply disturbed by Trump’s narrative that the election was ‘stolen’, but this former FBI agent helped cast doubt on the election results by sending a letter to the Governor alleging election fraud, when it was clear the results were sound,” she said.
According to reports, the circumstances of the search were connect to the former president’s move to retain some records from his time in government. After Trump departed the White House in January 2021, the U.S. Department of Justice began looking into the discovery of boxes of classified paperwork that were brought to his Florida home.
Trump issued a statement Monday evening that his “beautiful home” was “under siege” during the search warrant execution, which had to be approved by a judge.
Advertisements
Trump was in New York City on Monday when the search warrant was executed.
The U.S. Department of Justice and FBI, whose director was appointed by Trump, did not respond to Trump’s statement right away.
Advertisements
Report a correction via email | Editorial standards and policies


