Bristol Borough Councilman Tony Divine has officially withdrawn his Right- to -Know request for e-mails involving ย the Bristol Borough School Board.

The request had been on appeal with the state’s Office of Open Records since March 7.
Advertisements
In his statement, ย sent ย exclusivelyย ย to ย LeviittowNow, Devine said, “I have officially withdrawn my request for the โRight to Knowโ with the Bristol Borough School District. ย My reason for withdrawing my โRight to Knowโ request is the financial burden it would create on the already suffering school district.ย I still strongly believe that certain members of this school board areย guiltyย of withholding information from the rest of the school board and the public and that the emails I requested will uncover many of the problems within our school district.”
Bristol Borough School Board President, Ralph DiGuiseppe III said, “I’ve made it clear to him this would cause aย financial hardship for the borough ย and now all of a sudden he withdraws the request.
Although exact numbers not on hand the request has cost around $5000.00 DiGuiseppe, said.
Advertisements
“The idea that secret e-mails were being exchanged between the school board and the council isย ridiculous…his concerns about the high school being closed are alsoย ridiculousย we just signed a fiveย year,ย no furlough contract with the teachers and that means the school will remain open,” he said.
“As much as it pains me to withdrawal my request, I cannot live with the fact that in pursuing my request it could possibly prevent much needed repairs to the high school, take away from the already limited number of programs provided by this school district and further line the pockets of our already overpaid solicitor. I urge the parents and tax payers of this school district to get involved and demand transparency, said Devine’s statement.


