Bensalem police announced Thursday night the assault that reportedly happened at the Struble Elementary playground last week did not occur.

Credit: Tom Sofield/LevittownNow.com
Police allege 23-year-old Bensalem resident Nadia Noor fabricated the story. They said she confessed to investigators after an investigation.
Advertisements
The woman said the man approached her and engaged her in conversation at the elementary school on Bensalem Boulevard. From there, he punched her in the chest and began dragging her by the hair after she fell, police said. They added the man dragged the woman several feet before she broke free from his grasp and ran to a nearby house for help.
Officials sent a press release to the media and asked for assistant identifying the alleged suspect – described as a dark-skinned male, possible Middle Eastern or Hispanic. The story was picked up by news outlets throughout the region.
“Bensalem detectives were unable to corroborate much of the information that the alleged victim originally reported and the detectives subsequently obtained a confession from the woman, who admitted to fabricating the entire story,” police officials wrote in a statement.
Advertisements
Police said they will charge Noor via mail summons with false reports and related offenses.
Editor’s Note: All individuals arrested or charged with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty. The story was compiled using information from police and public court documents.


