Pennsbury Grad Blows Away Judges on ‘The Voice’

Matthew Schuler is Bucks County’s newest star.

Schuler is competing on NBC’s “The Voice,” which premieres its new season Monday at 8 p.m.

In a preview video posted to Youtube, Schuler covers Young the Giant’s 2011 hit single “Cough Syrup.” His rendition of the modern rock hit is received kindly by the four celebrity judges. In turn, the judge all want him to join their team. The final decision is not revealed in the clip and is expected to be revealed Monday night on NBC.

“Well, hot damn,” judge Cee Lo Green said. “I’ve got to say man, like, you’re voice is beautiful.”

Since being posted on Friday, the video has garnered over 96,700 views.

Schuler is a 2011 graduate of Pennsbury High School and, according to Facebook, he has attended Bucks County Community College and West Chester University.

Tom Sofield

Tom Sofield has covered news in Bucks County for three years for both newspaper and online publications. In 2012, Tom was honored at the Pennsylvania Newspaper Association Foundation's Keystone Press Awards for his coverage of President Obama's visit to Falls Township in 2011. When he's not covering news in the area, Tom enjoys checking out the newest restaurants and bars, exploring forgotten places of industry in the area, going to local parks and spending time with his friends and family. If there's one thing you should know about Tom, he is a local news junkie through and through. Email: tom@levittownnow.com Phone: 215-431-1001

9 Comments

1. Local 'Voice' Contestant Picks Christina Aguilera - LevittownNow.com : LevittownNow.com
    Sep 24, 2013 @ 07:02:42

[…] Pennsbury Grad Blows Away Judges on ‘The Voice’ […]

2. looky
    Aug 09, 2014 @ 01:09:19

Almost three years ago, my old computer had many bad viruses and bad pop-ups. I have some files left on that computer and I did not see them for almost three years ago. I wonder I will like to see my old files again that I can connect to my new computer to old computer. That is problem that I am afraid which bad viruses will come to my new one from old one. Please let me know how I can get my old files move from my old computer to my new computer without bring bad viruses to my new one?.

3. cozy cove
    Aug 28, 2014 @ 19:16:51

The Slave of the Husband

Trying to get ahead to studying added from you afterward!…

4. notepad bluebox
    Sep 05, 2014 @ 18:20:14

Whispering Misty

So sorry you’ll pass up the workshop!

5. xlovecam token gratuit t�l�charger
    Sep 08, 2014 @ 13:32:52

Thorn of Girl

Excellent information and facts might be observed on this website blogging site.

6. maryland divorce attorneys
    Sep 08, 2014 @ 18:50:11

The Birch of the Shadow

I feel there may well become a handful of duplicates, but an exceedingly helpful listing! I’ve tweeted this. A lot of thanks for sharing!

7. hearthstone arena guide
    Sep 08, 2014 @ 19:08:51

Souls in the Waves

Good Morning, I just stopped in to go to your internet site and imagined I would say I appreciated myself.

8. banana blue
    Sep 10, 2014 @ 05:00:54

The Silent Shard

This can most likely be pretty valuable for a few of the positions I plan to will not only with my web site but

9. Jogos de carros
    Sep 16, 2014 @ 18:17:46

Great goods from you, man.,,,.

I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you are simply Yes too great. I really like what you’ve acquired right here, certainly like what you’re stating and the way in which you say it. You are making it enjoyable and you continue to take care of to…